How do I clean and care for my Busby Cabinets cabinetry?
Busby uses only the finest conversion varnish topcoat to seal our wood products, guarding them against moisture-penetration under most normal conditions.
This topcoat enhances the beauty of the wood and provides a strong protective surface.
However, even the finest of cabinetry finishes are obviously not designed for exposure to certain “harmful” elements, but even prolonged exposure to otherwise “harmless” elements could also produce an adverse affect.
What can I do about repairing scratches or dents?
As a Busby Cabinets client, you are entitled to priority service during the lifetime of your Busby Cabinets cabinetry.
However, scratches and dents, etc. are considered normal, everyday wear and tear, and are not warranted under our five-year limited warranty.
Please call 1-800-654-7090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for all service and/or warranty questions.
A few simple preventative steps will keep your finished wood countertop looking great for years to come.
- Make sure plants are in drip-proof pots and that their leaves do not touch finished wood.
- Always set items down and pick them up. Do not slide them across finished wood.
- Do not allow synthetics, rubber or plastic to be placed directly on finished wood counter tops. They contain chemicals that can damage the finish.
- Do not leave newspapers or other printed materials on finished wood counter tops. Some inks used in the printing of these materials can bleed into the finish.
- Always use coasters under drinks.
- Always use hot pads under hot items.
- Even though the conversion varnish finish is highly water resistant, we recommend that water or food spills be wiped up immediately after they occur.
Busby Cabinets also sells solid stock hardwood tops. These tops are sealed with a special material designed for this type of counter. This material will need to be reapplied every few years. If you prefer our service personel can handle this, however this is not a warranted process.