- Choose a location- where you decide to put your library will depend on your home layout and how much space you have. Try and choose a space with little to no traffic that does not produce loud noises.
- Determine how many books you have- Some people want a library to hold all of the books they own, whereas others love their in-home library because it is peaceful. Assess how much storage you will need and determine if bookshelves from the floor to the ceiling are necessary. If you have a smaller selection of books, you may want to consider using open shelving, which will give your room a more modern look.
- Choose colors- The classic library is filled with darker colors such as dark browns and burgundy, but today’s modern libraries’ lighter colors may actually work better and complement the room. Choose colors that represent you and provide a relaxing area for you.
- Make sure bookshelves are secure- Your shelving from Busby Cabinets will be holding a lot of weight, so make sure you are using proper anchors and supports.
- Maximize views- Contrary to popular belief, libraries don’t have to be shut in dark places. Who wouldn’t love reading by a window that offers light and a beautiful view? A view of the outside will bring in natural light and lift your creativity.
Is Home Library Shelving Necessary?
When you are devising a plan for your home library shelving, you must have custom cabinetry designed by Busby Cabinets. You cannot have a library room without shelving. Where will all of your books be stored? Even if you don’t enjoy reading and you just want the space for a peaceful place to gather your thoughts and relax, make sure you focus on how you want to display your books because this will be the focal point of the room.
Are you looking to add a space to your house that provides you with serenity? Add in-home library shelving! When you are constructing a plan, contact Busby Cabinets today to help you with your shelving needs. Call us at 800-654-7090 or visit our website! busbycabinets.com